Solar power has gained enormous popularity in recent years, and for good reason – there are numerous benefits to making the switch. Solar systems are not just for homeowners – they are also great for business owners as well. If you are still considering whether solar power is right for you, consider this list of reasons why your business can benefit from a switch to solar power.
- Increase your property value. Numerous studies have shown that installing a solar power system can increase the value of your property and help it sell faster – even more so than other types of building improvements.
- Establish a consistent energy bill. Electric rates increase annually in many states. With solar panels, you can lock in your energy bill costs and ensure that your costs remain consistent.
- Save money. Solar panels capture energy from the sun, which can save you a significant amount of money on your electric utility bills. In fact, a commercial property owner can expect up to a 75 percent reduction in their electricity bill. These savings can cover the cost of the system in as little as three years, and the savings can be enjoyed for the life of the system.
- Receive tax credits. If you purchase a solar power system before December 31, 2016, your business may be eligible for a 30 percent federal tax credit. In addition, you may be eligible for a rebate from your electric company, and you can deduct up to 85 percent of the cost of your system from your taxes.
- Be seen as a “green business” in the public eye. Adding solar panels will show the community that your business is committed to sustainability and reducing your carbon footprint. This impression of social responsibility can promote your business and enhance your reputation.
There are many reasons why it is a great idea to invest in solar panels. If you are a business owner in New York or New Jersey, get in touch with the solar installation professionals at Sea Bright Solar to schedule a free hour-long solar analysis. We can assess your business’s energy needs, the suitability of your property for solar panels, and talk about what cost savings you can potentially expect.
Call us today at (732) 253-4052 to get started.